Chief Investment Officer
SAI Certinvest, the first independent asset manager on the Romanian capital market, with a history of more than 28 years, is developing the Investment Department team.
We are looking for a leader to head the Investment Department. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of investing in public markets in Romania, presenting professionally to internal and external stakeholders, and working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The Chief Investment Officer should be comfortable investing across domestic, listed equity and fixed income markets (both listed and unlisted) and have a general knowledge of financial markets and financial products outside Romania.
- Guide development of the Investment Department, including continuous improvement of macroeconomic analysis, asset allocation, company analysis, security selection, and trading;
- Lead Investment Committee meetings, including making recommendations for changes to strategy, asset allocation, and new investments;
- Day-to-day management of all investment fund portfolio, including tactical positioning within approval bands and ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations, and fund documents;
- Collaborate with other departments and leadership, including the Director General, Deputy Director General, back office, compliance, risk, sales, marketing, and IT;
- Interact with current and potential clients, industry stakeholders, and the general public, as required from time-to-time;
- Ensure the proper maintenance of records related to investment analysis, recommendations, decisions, and portfolio administration.
- Masters in finance, MBA, and/or CFA designation required
- Minimum of 7 years experience in financial market and portfolio management;
- Theoretical knowledge of fundamental company analysis and strategies;
- IT knowledge: Financial Modeling in Excel, Bloomberg; any other econometric software is an advantage;
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, correlate and synthesize information;
- English – advanced level, written and spoken.
- Competitive salary package;
- Continuous professional development in capital markets and leadership;
- Private health network membership, extended to the whole family;
- Meal vouchers;
- Additional leave days, depending on length of service, as per legal framework;
- Membership to the fitness studio in the office building;
- Pleasant working environment and opportunity to work in a dynamic team.